With things still being a bit slow on the Flyers' front due to the NHL's Olympic shutdown, this week's Flyers Five is rather cut-and-dry, and will focus on statistical performances of the five Flyers playing in the Sochi games. The lone Flyer to win a medal was Kimmo Timonen, part of the bronze medal-winning Finnish squad.
Michael Raffl and Jakub Voracek each led the Flyers with one goal apiece, and Raffl's two assists gave him the team lead with three points. Andrej Meszaros spent the most time in the sin bin, accruing six penalty minutes. Voracek had the lowest plus/minus numbers, with a minus-5.
Here's the full statistical breakdown:
1. Mark Streit (SUI)*: 4 GP, 0 G, 1 A, 2 PIM, 0 +/-
2. Michael Raffl (AUT)*: 4 GP, 1 G, 2 A, 4 PIM, -4 +/-
3: Jakub Voracek (CZE)*: 5 GP, 1 G, 1 A, 0 PIM, -5 +/-
4. Andrej Meszaros (SVK)*: 4 GP, 0 G, 0 A, 6 PIM, 0 +/-
5. Kimmo Timonen (FIN)**: 6 GP, 0 G, 2 A, 0 PIM, 4 +/-
* denotes team that's been eliminated from the Playoff rounds.
** Bronze medal winner
With the NHL's return to action, next week's Flyers Five won't be nearly as basic.